You are here
Free informative webinars
FATV webinars are an excellent resource for busy financial aid professionals to receive up-to-date information and training about important topics. These informative webinars are hosted by experienced industry experts sharing their knowledge to help you achieve your continuing education goals. All FATV webinars are 100% free, so register today!
Communicating in Stressful Situations
January 31 | 01:30 - 02:30 PM EST
Did you know that when people are stressed and have a lot of mental noise their ability to process information can be reduced up to 80%? Come to this session to learn:
- How much information a stressed out person can hear.
- Effective techniques to gain trust.
- Practical communication approaches to delivering your message.
You may have a high IQ, but what about your EQ?
February 14 | 02:00 - 03:00 PM EST
Ever had someone snap at you when you said something very simple and well intentioned as “Good Morning!"? With emotional intelligence, you can promote a more positive experience and outcome. Attend this session to:
- Learn ways to to step back if you feel defensive and are tempted to snap back.
- Look at and/or assess other factors in a situation to promote a more positive experience and outcome.
Be Your Own Student Communications Wizard!
March 28 | 03:00 - 04:00 PM EDT
Looking for assistance with increasing the effectiveness of your student communications? Attend this session to:
- Learn tips for shortening your email communications.
- Discover methods for explaining complex policies.
- Leverage media (graphics, videos) to foster student engagement.
- Develop a student friendly tone in your communications.
Using FATV to Raise Student Learning Outcomes
April 10 | 03:00 - 04:00 PM EDT
Join our 1-hour webinar to learn effective ways of using the GetAnswers Counseling Platform to raise student learning outcomes. The session will review how schools are:
- Engaging students with video counseling sessions on financial literacy and responsible loan borrowing.
- Training students and student employers on the work study employment process.
- Quizzing students within each session to reinforce learning.
- Promoting and assigning the sessions to students.
Maximize the GetAnswers Service
May 22 | 12:00 - 01:00 PM EDT
Join our 1-hour webinar to learn ways to improve website organization and clarity.
- Organize content for clarity: Deepen students’ understanding through well constructed and timed messaging.
- Use of visuals for engagement: Strategically insert images and videos.
- Messaging through storytelling: Drive the message of affordability through income-based student case studies.
- Tools to enhance connection: See examples of interactive self-service features and knowledge-based searches.
What Are They Thinking?
June 13 | 04:00 - 05:00 PM EDT
Do you know what your students really know about financial aid? Some of their answers may surprise you. Come to this session to learn:
- What students really know about financial aid.
- Common student answers to some basic financial aid questions.
- What students believe is important about their financial aid.
- Communication strategies to educate your students.